So today in my interpersonal communications class I realized something that I think I might start to try a little bit. I'm not sure if it is going to work because its going to take some major changing on my part. Like she said something that like everyone knows, but it takes someone else saying it and putting meaning behind it for you to really be like wow... maybe I should try things differently. Well anyways she said that no matter if you apologize for things you say without thinking that person will still hold them against you, its just human nature. Well we all know that like things I say are taken wrong a lot. I mean I am like 99% joking but still like I've realized that some people just don't know how to take it. I mean some days I forget how to take peoples sarcasm too. It just depends on the day, my mood, and just everything. I don't want to completely change who I am, but it seems to be that more people have started to verbalize or just show that they have problems with it. And like a great part of my wants to just say screw them if they don't like who I am well then they don't have to hang out with me. But thats not always a good solution. I've found that when you truly understand a person, and they understand you things go a lot more smoothly. I also found that sometimes when I say things and people get mad, its not always what I say, its just that they didn't want to hear that and it was just that that pushed their buttons... not really what I said, just the fact that I said it. Idk if you understand that but yea. I also have been told that I talk in circles. I dont think I can stop doing that or at least people seem to understand what I mean so thats not a problem. I also seem to be having a problem lately with people acting too old for their age. Like we're 18, live your life, have fun, stick to your beliefs but have fun. It really has been getting to me when people tell me that everything I do is wrong, what I say is wrong, and that nothing I do is right. Everything is always MY fault. That seems to really be getting to me A LOT. Also the fact that people expect things to be perfect. Well first off, we are in college living in a dorm. Of course there are going to be things that not everyone likes. But you can't do anything about it. Its just how it is. You have to learn to live with it and get over it. There are going to be people around that you don't like, people are going to do things that you don't approve of. Its just how it is. Live YOUR life, worry about YOURSELF, and every once in a while give your piece of mind to some friends, but don't push it in their face unless they are doing something to severly harm themselves. Like its ok to speak your mind, but if they aren't going to listen then theres nothing you can really do about it. I've also realized that some peoples pet peeves drive me up the wall its crazy. I'm trying so hard to just let me be, but I'm not sure how much more I can take without bitting my tongue. That was never something I was good at. I speak my mind. I tell people how it is. Sometimes thats not always good, but its how I am. Its a part of me. If you don't like it then don't be friends with me. There really isnt much more to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.